Friday 13 July 2007

Little Miss Emotional

Today was a emotionally draining day. I finally finished school for the summer (hooray!) but this also meant saying goodbye to my first ever class. It's been a rollercoaster of a year and I wouldn't change a minute of it. For leaving presents I had bought each child a Mr. Men or Little Miss book according to their personality (Mr. Cheerful, Little Miss Giggles, Mr. Silly etc) it went down a storm. As the bell rang and it was time to go, I realised that I'd spent a year sorting out their problems, curing the slightest worry or anxiety, generally caring and looking after them and all of a sudden that was gone! They were no longer going to burst into my classroom bursting with news of things they had achieved, and I would no longer be the most important person to them at school. As I was dealing with these thoughts in my head some of them started to cling to me crying, and it took every ounce of strength to hold myself together!

Then I realised that I had £140 worth vouchers, a massive bouquet of flowers, and various other presents waiting for me in the classroom, so I cheered up. The perks of working in an independent school are pretty cool. Especially the seven and a half week summer holiday.

I'm now having trouble deciding what to spend the vouchers on (I know I know, some people have real problems), either an ipod or a digital camera, but I don't know which I would use more, having lived without either for the last 22 years. I'm so behind with the times...




No comments:

Katie Allen's Facebook profile