Monday 6 August 2007

Concert Band Tour

Awhile ago, I was asked if I would like a free holiday. Normally there's a catch to these things, and in this case it was on the condition that I would be a member of staff for the Southend High School for Boys Concert Band tour to France, Belguim and Holland. I have just arrived back from said holiday and can safely say it was a really good deal. The kids were great and the weather was amazing, and I got to do a lot of fun activities and stay in hotels for free! Here are a few highlights from the trip:







The Eiffel Tower was pretty cool. The band performed just in front of it after we had climbed all the way up to the second floor (normally something I wouldn't even consider doing as I hate heights, but they needed adult supervision).













This was the view. I'm rather proud of myself... I think I've conquered my fear.











Here is a picture of Olivia and I at sunset at Noordwick beach in Holland. The beach was gorgeous and we were really lucky with the weather. We sat with hot chocolate at a lovely beach bar and watched the sun set over the horizon... it was all very romantic!







Chris, Jon Bourne and I in a giant clog. The last time I went to Holland we managed to fit 7 people into this clog. The mind boggles...





This last photo was taken at the last gig in a town called Delft in Holland. Pete Worth (the group leader) is improvising a solo here. Notice the crowd of people in the background! The guys were really, really good, despite the 30 degree heat.

We also went to Disneyland Paris (which was fantastic), Aquaboulevard (a massive indoor waterpark where they initially wouldn't let us in because the boys weren't wearing speedos), and numerous town squares and little villages. A very busy but exciting tour!

4 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

Hey Katie!

Cool post - that sounds like a pretty decent trip! For once it pays off to be old...

By the way, I saw you had some nice photos there, but you seem to have forgotten to post a few of the ones of you. My brother has them - should I post them on my blog? ;)

Katie said...

Erm, no, thank you...

Andy said...

Katie, I find your lack of bloggage in recent days very disturbing. Frankly, not having written anything in 9 days is just not good enough...

...and John, POST THE PICTURES!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Katie Allen's Facebook profile