Sunday 5 October 2008

What goes up...

At my murder mystery party way back in January, we attempted to construct a human pyramid. It wasn't easy. A good few attempts were made in order to achieve as many layers as possible... but in the end we succeeded. And it felt really good. Here's a little reminder of the end result:

However, when I saw the news today, I realised that we weren't the first people to come up with the idea of a human pyramid. In Spain, it's like a professional sport. And a dangerous one at that... (although the news reporter said nobody gets seriously injured). Check these guys out:




Makes our pyramid attempt seem kind of pathetic, doesn't it?

My favourite part was in another video where the news reporter stated (as it collapsed):

'At this point, any pain was swept away by the joy of success!'

Really. I'm not totally convinced...

3 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

At which point did you think we were the first people to attempt a human pyramid?

Katie said...

You mean you knew all along that we weren't...?

Mitchenstein said...

I believe it was my previous experience in human-pyramid-building that got the thing built in the first place.

Katie Allen's Facebook profile