Tuesday 8 May 2007

Knightmare...

Apologies for lack of posting lately, I really haven't had anything interesting to say... but then today I found something worth blogging about. I discovered YouTube.

Now, I know I'm really behind with the times and that I'm probably preaching to the converted, so I won't dwell on that fact alone. No, what really made the discovery amazing was being able to watch old clips from Knightmare! From my childhood I remember it being the most technologically advanced, terrifying, exciting show ever made. Watching it now, I'm glad to say that I wasn't disappointed. Click on the link on the right hand side of this page (for some reason the video then magically appears at the top of the page all big, not sure why but I'm quite pleased with myself). It really is scary stuff... I used to believe whole heartedly that the boy in the helmet actually did fall down the hole/get eaten by goblins/perished in a blackened room. Admittedly, the graphics aren't the most realistic, but in those days it was pretty incredible. I also remember this very episode, worrying about David and imagining him all alone, with his helmet on, stuck in this room whilst everybody else went home... still brings a tear to my eye now!

Whilst nipping back to the early 90's, I also discovered the theme song to my other favourite show (I think I was a bit older by this time), Sister Sister! That programme rocked.

Please spare a thought for me over the next couple of days... after the stress of Grease I am now about to unveil my first class assembly to the rest of the school! We're doing 'The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark' (another nostalgia moment, I'm just full of them at the minute!) and trying to get 6-7 year olds to recite lines whilst acting as barn owls is no mean feat, let me tell you. Especially when Mummy Owl keeps drowning out Plop because she believes that I have made the biggest casting error in history by choosing someone else as the main part.

At least there are no props this time...

3 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

I really thought they died when they fell down the holes! I remember asking my mum 'Why do people choose to go on that show? Why do their mums let them?' I thought they were all very brave... or just stupid.

It's funny because 'grown-ups' always tell us how scary the Daleks were and we're like 'er... no.' But Knightmare really was terrifying!

And I'm fairly sure that Sister Sister was the late 90s... Making you a little older than you claim you were when you were such a big fan! Busted!

Katie said...

It started in 1994 actually. Which made me 9... I think that's allowed! And you blatently watched it too...

Mitchenstein said...

1994 - 1999 actually... That's late 90s! You were 9 in 1994!?

You're tiny!

(And I only watched it a couple of times... If I remember rightly it was on on a Sunday morning so I never got to see it :-( But that Lisa woman was fun-ny)

Katie Allen's Facebook profile