Thursday 31 May 2007

Stomp!


Wow, I'm really on a roll with the whole blog thing this week!

I went to see Stomp today (as an aside, I did get lost looking for the theatre, BUT I also found myself stumbling across the infamous Cybercandy a.k.a. Twinkie store! So we were lost but had Hersheys Kisses to keep our strength up). When we eventually reached the theatre, we found that we had really good seats (considering they were very cheap- front row, upper circle). And the show was AMAZING. I tend to fall in love with every show I go to see, but it really was incredible. The performers didn't say a word throughout the show, but somehow they managed to make it hilarious, just through the routines and the expressions on their faces! They made instruments out of dustbin lids, plungers, brooms, matchboxes, newspapers, and even kitchen sinks tied round their necks... very impressive.

Unfortunately I have a rather bad cough at the moment, and it always seemed to be during the rare, very quiet moments that I would explode in a fit of coughing after trying to hold it in. I spent most of the perfomance thinking 'I hate people like me' so goodness knows what the poor people around me were feeling. Especially when I never felt as much as a tickle during the deafening crashing of dustbins or stamping of feet... law of sod, that.

2 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

Is there anywhere in Essex we can go elephant riding? That would be cool. Or we could tie up your aims and mine and ride the elephant to Greece. Plan?

By the way, if you're reading this, this comment really refers to the last post, not this one - it wasn't just a random question!

(And that thing with the theatre - my favourite one is always whichever one I've just seen!)

Anonymous said...

indeed stomp was awsome. as i was sat next to you i didnt hear any coughing so im sure you didnt upset the audience too much, other than having to look at your face!! stomp was my favourite as well, and im determined to make some kind of lesson for it when im in school!! love meg xx

Katie Allen's Facebook profile