Thursday 15 March 2007

Hurrah!

Only 15 days until I go on holiday. Unfortunately, between now and then I have to write 52 more reports, have a typhoid injection due to said holiday, be observed by the Head (not because I'm rubbish, just because I'm newly qualified), supervise the goings on behind Grease and play an extremely competitive Teachers VS. Parents netball game. Surprisingly, the thing I am dreading most is definitely the netball, probably because I have never been under so much pressure in my LIFE to score goals. The other teachers are competitive to the point of being scary, and are slowly realising the error of their ways putting me in goal attack. I can't shoot (the teacher in goal shooter position actually tuts at me every time I miss), my fitness is about equivelant to that of a 50 year old obese man and I have the stamina of a sausage roll.

However, admist all this gloom my day was brightened up somewhat my one of my eccentric children (a 60 year old in a 6 year old's body) saying to the cook at lunchtime:

'I'll have some of that John Lewis turkey please. I heard there was a problem with the batch on the farm a few weeks ago but apparently it's been sorted out now so it's not a calamity'.

It's an easy mistake to make.


PS. Grease update... all is going well although haven't ticked off what we have and haven't got yet, so will keep everyone posted. I can't believe how easy it's been to find all the stuff with people's help! Thanks very much...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well katie, i know how much procrastination has gone into you aheving 52 reports left to do, congratulations u have reached all new levels!! hehe u ahve asked me to write on here but i relly dont know wot to write! i was amused by ur 60 year young boy! very funny, i can only imagine what his parents are like! love meg xxx

RikiWright said...

I thought in schools these days we where teaching kids about inclusiveness and how it's just good to take part and how winning is irrelavant compared to the joy of competition? Well Katie don't worry about the netball cause we all know you can't play so there is no way you can perform below expectations you can only play better then expected since we all expect you to play rubbish

Mitchenstein said...

Katie, have you actually found any of these things yourself?

Katie Allen's Facebook profile