Friday 30 March 2007

It's the end of term!!!

The fact that term has ended means 3 things. Firstly, it is nearly Easter, which meant that my very generous class bestowed upon me gifts of chocolate (6 massive eggs to be precise) and lots of other bits and pieces. Secondly, it means that Grease is finally OVER! It was actually pretty amazing, and the backstage team had a lot of fun. The props went on and off smoothly throughout, and endless parents and teachers came up to me commenting on how organised it all was and wondering how on earth we managed to get hold of such fantastic props... I did take rather a lot of credit, especially at the end of the last performance when I had to go onstage to receive my applause. The kids were brilliant too, and even though the scale of the production was huge this year the school managed to pull it off. We think the only way to better it would be to do 'Phantom of the Opera' next year...

Finally, the end of term means that I am going on holiday tomorrow! I am going to the Philippines, where it is currently 30 degrees celsius and sunny (although thats a slight lie... I think its the middle of the night there at the moment). Anyway, I have a 20 hour flight via Dubai to look forward to on my own, followed by a relaxing two weeks with family on the beach (see photo... its actual paradise there) and in the busy city of Manila. Seems a shame, just as I'm getting into this whole blogging thing I have to leave it for a while! Still, I'm over it.


Dubai for now! (Get it? Dubai... sounds a bit like goodbye... I really do crack myself up sometimes).

2 comments:

RikiWright said...

yes at least you crack yourself up

Mitchenstein said...

Dubai for now?

Hope you have a philippin' wonderful time!

I'm much funnier.

And I realise I'd already said this to you before, but I wanted to tell it to everyone else, before you claim it as your own.

Have fun!

Katie Allen's Facebook profile