Saturday 24 March 2007

It's a miracle!

The weirdest thing happened last night. My little brother's one eyed hamster, Nibbles, died. That wasn't so weird, considering that hamsters only live for a couple of years and he is pretty obese (He hasn't really got much going for him, I'm not gonna lie). Anyway, he was all curled up in a corner of his cage, which never happens as he always sleeps in his house. I poke him, he falls over sideways and is quite clearly dead. My brother is hysterical and I go to get something to put him in. Ten minutes later, we look in the cage and Nibbles has turned himself the right way up! Still not moving, or showing much sign of life, but definitely in a different position. I was a bit freaked out by this point and so we left him for the night. This morning, went downstairs to find that Nibbles not only was waddling around, but had completely rebuilt his house overnight and moved all his food around! Now, I know what you're thinking... 'That hamster was quite clearly not dead'. But you're wrong, I know a dead animal when I see one. Maybe he's like the hamster equivalent of Jesus...

By the way, we lost the netball 18-8. Even if you're not a netball fan it's pretty easy to work out that that's not a good result.

And everything's coming together for Grease, thanks again to all who have helped since the last post. I probably should make a special mention here to my friend John, who went to great lengths to buy me Twinkies (see his blog for more on that, I can't be bothered to go into it). It's really quite a good test of friendship to see how far people will go to get things (John just about passed). The drama woman keeps making last minute demands though, like 'Ooh, we could do with a hat stand/polka dot bag/authentic American newspaper'. She seems to conveniently forget that I have a full time class, let alone any sort of life outside of Grease.

Bring on the Easter holidays.

2 comments:

RikiWright said...

Your Hamster is weird

Mitchenstein said...

Katie, Katie, Katie.

You say that I can't stop mentioning you on my blog, but you've mentioned me in every single one of your posts so far.

Here's the proof:

Post 4:
'... my friend John...'

Post 3:
'... with people's help...'

Post 2:
'... those people who have helped...'

Post 1:
'... from someone else's blog...'

I think the evidence speaks for itself.

And I thank you.

Katie Allen's Facebook profile