Wednesday 6 June 2007

The hills are alive...


Yesterday was a very exciting day. As some of you know, one of the Year 3 girls I teach Games to is currently performing in The Sound of Music in the West End. Tickets have been sold out for months and months but yesterday the parents of the child asked if I wanted to go as they had spare seats at the last minute! They were brilliant seats near the front of the Royal Circle, and after a brief panic that we were going to be late (yes, we got on the wrong tube train. Well, the right train, but going in the wrong direction), we arrived just in time. The whole performance was fantastic, the scenery was awesome and Adrianna (who plays Gretl, the smallest one) completely stole the show. At the interval it was all people around me were talking about, and it was really hard not to butt into people's conversations and say 'Actually, she's not 5, she's 8. And I teach her...' But I just about restrained myself. After the show we went round to stage door to meet Adrianna as we were going home with her and her parents, and got to meet all the cast... it was very exciting! On the way home she was telling me about the opening night after show party, saying 'We got to meet Graham Norton, which was cool, and all the Marias, and Nicole Kidman and Matt Damon, who were really nice, and Andrew Lloyd Webber and Bob Geldof and...'


It's a completely different world.


On a slightly different note... Nibbles (the one eyed obese death defying hamster) has, well, died. After a brief debate on whether he was actually dead or not, we buried him in the garden and had a little hamster funeral. R.I.P. Nibbles.

1 comment:

Glyn Harries said...

Hello! Just leaving a comment to let you know that I totally read this blog like all the time and I've known it's here for ages and um, yeah - this is all true.

Was good to see you this weekend. Speak soon.

Katie Allen's Facebook profile