Saturday 8 September 2007

Back to school

This week has been crazy. From getting up around midday and going to bed around midnight I've had to get used to getting up at 6.30am and still going to bed around midnight. My day has increased by about 6 hours. And man, does it feel like it. I'd forgotten how exhausting it is to have 20 children constantly demanding attention from you all day, and how immature they are when they first come up from Year 1. I try not to go on about work too much on my blog, but today is an exception as it's the first week back and it's been my life... I just want to share a little example of what I have to deal with:

Me: 'Sophie, what are 3 lots of 10?'

Sophie: (bursting into tears) 'I'm sorry, I've got something on my mind. *SOB* At breaktime, *sob* I accidently trod on Luke's crisps on purpose... but I didn't mean to but I did it on purpose and I just know how much he likes them *sniff* and I just can't stop thinking about it'.

What a burden to have on your shoulders at the age of 6. I looked over at Luke and his facial expression was pretty much 'Bovvered?'

Right, no more classroom anecdotes for the next few posts. Promise.

No comments:

Katie Allen's Facebook profile