Saturday 12 January 2008

23

Yesterday, I turned 23. The big one... (Yes, it has not yet been widely recognised that 23 has replaced 21 as the most important birthday). To celebrate this, I've had a bit of a birthday week. Had a murder mystery party, had a 'surprise' party at school (the organisation skills of seven year olds are so under rated), and am in the middle of the best birthday weekend to date. In the last 24 hours I have eaten no less than three consecutive three course meals (with a fourth tomorrow) and seen the show Wicked, which was AMAZING. It was probably unwise to eat a banoffee pie, popcorn, munchies and ice-cream all within two hours, but it was my birthday treat. I also managed to bump into Stacey in Leicester Square, which was rather random (Stacey and I have the good fortune of sharing a birthday, although her milestone wasn't as important as mine...)

I think people were a little worried that I might start acting my age, as they bought me presents such as these:

A bendy belles Jess, courtesy of Chris. She really is as bendy as her name!

A Hot Hugs cow, part of a present from Ben and Rich. Does exactly what it says on the box.



My very own Mike Wazowski. If you don't know who he is, then you don't deserve to be told... (John bought presents for me in the hope that I wouldn't want any of them, so he would then be allowed to keep them... this was one such gift. Needless to say, he went home disappointed).

I'd just like to make a special mention to Heather's mum, who made me the most delicious, chocolatey birthday cake I've ever encounterd. Here it is:

Finally, for those who haven't seen it, I'll leave you with a little taster from Wicked:

1 comment:

Graeme said...

Hi Katie,

Happy Birthday - Sounds like it's been well celebrated!!

You seem to be a bit frightened of the cake in that photo though!!

Katie Allen's Facebook profile