Saturday 19 January 2008

Elephants and Other Thoughts

I wish I was an elephant,
All big and fat and round
And wander through the jungle
Just elephin' around.
- Rumble in the Jungle


1) Now, John may be better at languages than me (as in he is fluent in five languages and I'm fluent in one) and he may know more about where countries are located (and which places just sound like countries but actually aren't). I even discovered the other day that he can do this*:



(That isn't actually John, obviously)

But when it comes to making elephants out of modelling materials, I think it's obvious who's the expert. After all, I DID do a degree in it (That's not completely true. I actually have a BA in Primary Education... just in case people get their hopes up that a BA in Elephant Art actually exists- although how cool would that be?!) Anyway, using Stacey's playdough gift, this is my creation:


He even has wrinkles! I then introduced him to Wilbur (My Slovakian Elephant- you'd be surprised just how many there are in Bratislava) who I'm pretty sure was fooled into thinking that he was the real thing:


You can tell by the expression on his face... I think I've proved my point.

2) Yesterday, I did something I have never done before. I went to see a film at the cinema... for the second time. And I made three observations:

- If you want someone to get emotionally involved in a film that you really like (in this case, P.S. I Love You) don't let them sit next to Ben. This is Ben:

I should have known better.

- Toffee Crisp Popcorn is my new favourite thing... whoever thought of that idea was a GENIUS.


Yep, it really is 'Five Star Munch'.

- If you agree to share popcorn with somebody, it's probably not the best idea to sit two seats away from them. Apparently it's a little inconsiderate to the person sat inbetween them.


That is all.



* I really, really want to be able to make the water drop sound. So much so that I looked at a tutorial on YouTube... but I still can't do it. And I've been flicking the side of my face so much that my cheek is sore. I've put the tutorial video in the right hand side, see if you can do it (it's only 3 minutes long...) Good luck!

2 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

My trunk was cuter...

And I never said I could make the BEST elephants.

Yours was good, but you did take a degree in Making Elephants, whereas my degree was in Slovak Studies (apparently).

And yes, note to self: When trying to eat healthily, do not sit between two people sharing popcorn.

Katie said...

Glyn, it's too little, too late.

And I know you apologised last night... I might have accepted it, had you not then proceeded to hit me around the head with sheet music. Twice.

Katie Allen's Facebook profile