Monday 4 February 2008

Chocolate Tuesday

Yes, it's that time of year again. It's hard to believe Lent is nearly upon us already... I could've sworn Christmas was only last week. Last year, I tried to give up chocolate for Lent. I know it's not very original, but it really is such a big part of my life that giving it up always is a tough challenge. Unlike the year before last, when I gave up yoghurt... (I don't even really eat yoghurt). Anyway, I would have succeeded last year had it not been for those pesky M&M's:



In a moment of madness at a youth event last year, I confused them with these:


In my defence, they really did look like Skittles. When I realised what I'd done (it was quite near the end of Lent too, if I remember rightly) I reacted a little bit like this...


... Which I'm sure went down well during the quiet time of reflection at said youth event (I'm can't recall why we were asked to eat sweets, but we were!) Anyway, this time I will succeed. People have either laughed or scoffed disbelievingly when told about the challenge (apart from my dad, who just said 'Well, I shouldn't worry, you've eaten enough in the last two weeks to cover the whole of Lent...') so I'm determined to prove everyone wrong!

As you may have guessed from the title of this post, today has been spent (and the remainder of the day will be spent) eating as much chocolate as I can. It's just dawned on me that as of tomorrow there will be no more Kisses (of the Hershey's variety), no more Toffee Crisp Popcorn (why even bother going to the cinema?!) and according to Ben, no more Bourbon biscuits. I don't think they count as chocolate. Do they?

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes - yes they do count as Chocolate. They just do.

Anna said...

I dont know what they are but I agree with Rich (just to make it harder for you, harhar) Honestly wishing you good luck, be strong, if you make you can come over for a cup of diet-hot-chocolate after. xx

Stacey said...

So does this mean that when i FINNALY see you again, i am going to be handing over a bag of forbidden chocolate kisses?!?! I should keep them just to avoid temptation.. then again it would be like jesus in the desert resiting all the evil thrown at him.. i could try just pelking chocolate at you!

Katie Allen's Facebook profile