Tuesday 6 May 2008

Two Stars and a Wish

Two Stars and a Wish is a marking technique we were taught during teacher training. When marking any piece of work, you're supposed to list two really good things about it (the stars) and one thing that wasn't so great and could maybe be improved next time (the wish). I never really get around to it, but it's a nice idea. I'm going to blog about two really good things that have happened and one not so great, so I thought the title was more than appropriate...

Star One

Scottish Night!

Another fundraiser for our ball, this one wasn't quite so well organised as we decided to hold it on the same weekend as ROOTS. So lots of people couldn't make it. Still, we had a good turnout from our corps and it was loads of fun. It involved some Scottish dancers demonstrating a routine and us attempting to copy it. Here are a couple of photos, just so you can feel like you were part of the magic:

A Scottish dancer showing us some moves.

A wheel.

The biggest turkey I've EVER seen! (Nothing to do with Scottish dancing, but we kept hearing him 'gobble-gobbling' from the farm next door whilst we were setting up...)

Star Two

Those of you who watch GMTV will be aware that a guy called Alan Mechem beat 5000 other hopefuls to win a TV presenter competition last week. Well, on Friday night Heather and I met him out in Leigh! He's a very funny guy and we enjoyed chatting to him (although I had no idea who he was at the time). I know he's not really famous, but thought I'd mention it in case he makes it big one day...

Actually, I just watched a clip of him presenting on GMTV, and I'm not sure he's going to make it all that big. But who knows?!

A Wish
I have a Cocker Spaniel called Boysie. He's 14 years old and starting to feel his age a bit... for the past couple of weeks we've had to take him to the vet because of an ear infection (£70 for some ear drops that spilled all over the floor) and various other minor ailments. Today I had to take him back for a check-up, all by myself. Which was a huge mission as Boysie is TERRIFIED of travelling in cars. He becomes a dead weight so it's impossible to drag him anywhere, and refuses to move. So I spent a good 10 minutes trying to lug him onto the seat and then over onto the passenger side. Here was the outcome:
Useless lump. It took another half an hour before we finally made it to the vet, who took one look, smiled and said 'He's getting better, best bring him back next week just in case!' and showed us the door.
Grr.
(There's no actual wish in there, but it's one thing that hasn't gone that great for me this week. So it does count...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you said that about Alan. Alan's great!
Heather xxx

Katie Allen's Facebook profile