Sunday 31 August 2008

Ripley's Believe It Or Not

For my friend Meghan's birthday, I treated her to a day of fun at Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a new attraction in London. It's a museum with all kinds of weird and wonderful exhibits- here are a few photos from our day:


Here is the biggest rocking chair ever! The staff were really nice too- they tried to take your photo so you'd pay £8 to buy it, but when you said no they offered to take a photo with your camera instead. (Also, when I said I wasn't a student at the entrance and didn't have any vouchers, the woman whispered, 'Oh, that's ok, I have some here...' How nice.)

Hang on a cotton picking minute... Where are Meg's legs?!

This photograph didn't come out too well, but there were thousands of multicoloured dots rotating round the tunnel, and it looked fine as you stepped onto the walkway... but as soon as you do all sense of balance is lost and it makes you really dizzy! (My dad went a couple of days later and actually fell over.)

There were lots of funny tricks and surprises as you make your way round, but I don't want to spoil it for you in case you plan to go. And you should, because it's excellent! A great family day out. Oh, and guess who I bumped into...?

Remember him?

Yes, it was none other than my mate Robert Wadlow, the world's tallest man, who I'd last visited in Copenhagen in February. I complimented him on his new suit. He showed me his family album. Good times!

2 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

It sounds like some of their staff members might not be there for long!

Anonymous said...

Katie i think its about time you posted something new! x

Katie Allen's Facebook profile