Sunday 30 November 2008

Boysie

We've been up since 6am as my cocker spaniel, Boysie, was yelping and seemed really confused. He was slipping all over the place and bumping into everything. So my whole family took him to the emergency vet- it turned out he had some kind of tumor and needed to be put down. It was very emotional. I've had Boysie since he was a puppy (14 years ago- he was very old!). My dad got him for me after my mum passed away, so we've been through quite a lot together.

He was a lovely dog- he had the sweetest temperament and was very soppy. He was also afraid of EVERYTHING (lightning, strangers, cars, the little squeakers inside dog toys...). Whenever I was upset as a kid I used to sit under the table with him and and hug him- it was the only thing that made me feel better! It was really sad coming home and not hear his feet padding through the kitchen coming to greet us. Still, at least he's not in pain now.

Boysie 1994-2008

Yes, he really wasn't the bravest of dogs. But we loved him very, very much.

1 comment:

Andy said...

OH NO!!!

Katie, I'm so sorry. I remember how I felt about Bob so I know exactly how you feel.

Katie Allen's Facebook profile