Saturday 1 November 2008

Don't worry, I'm still here...

Half term is pretty much over. Rubbish. I know I haven't posted for a little while, but there have been lots of things going on, such as...

Fajita night- My teacher friends and I had a little dinner party. Here's a lovely photo of my friend Claire after a couple of glasses of Diet Coke:


A trip to Bristol to visit Glyn's brother- They have the poshest cinema and shopping complex there I've ever seen. Check this out... (The cinema has a bar and a restaurant!)


(Next time, if we save up, we might even be able to see a film there.)

Day in London with people from uni- Always great to catch up with these girls. We don't do it enough...


Reading about the Lego man who was washed up on Brighton beach:


How funny was that? If you haven't heard about it, read here.

Attending the annual Festival of Remembrance- If I haven't dragged you along to one of these, count yourself lucky. This ceremony is a good three hours long without a break... (Think how you felt after watching Titanic at the cinema. But with less popcorn.) Although I have to say, the actual ceremony and the RAF band and the international solo violinist and the singing company and the band AND the songsters were all very good in their own right, and the whole thing was very well done. But an interval would be nice. Especially when you're stuck outside in the foyer because there's no room for you in the main hall. Heather was very impressed by Winston Churchill's words of wisdom (somehow she hadn't heard them before), and felt very proud to be British:


So that's what's been going on in my life lately. Next weekend I'll be doing my first ever Lord Mayor's show- watch this space!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While i love the fact im on your blog in FULL UNIFORM!!! that was a completely different poster to the one i said i hadn't seen or read before.
Im glad u've had such a fun packed week...
xxx

Katie Allen's Facebook profile