Sunday 14 October 2007

Cumbria- The Least Eventful Youth Weekend Ever

This weekend, we went on a mini youth retreat to a cottage in Cumbria. I say 'mini' for two reasons. Firstly, only 6 of us went, which is a rather small proportion of our youth group at Hadleigh. And secondly, it was only for two nights. By the time we'd driven 6 hours to get there it was pretty much time to come back. But we had fun. As away weekends go, it was really, really chilled out. We didn't really do much of anything... saw a few lakes, drove around a LOT, had dinner in a lovely little town called Keswick and watched tv. It was great!

Now, Rich took along his camcorder to record some of the exciting things we did. However, as nothing really exciting actually happened (he managed to miss the few interesting moments, such as a car which crashed driving up a wall on the mountain, but he did capture a good five minutes footage of an empty coke bottle), I look forward to see how his video turns out! I thought I'd capture the excitement myself on a 30 second video on my phone... I've never recorded anything before and certainly never been able to upload anything onto a computer, so I'm feeling a real sense of achievement right now. The fact that the video has no real purpose is irrelevent, I'm just so proud I managed to do it that you can all share in my triumph with me. And I would also just like to announce here that my new phone is awesome.

The others all said that it sounds like I'm recording a video for infant school children. I can't help it if I lapse into teacher mode sometimes (although I like to think I don't actually sound like that in the classroom).

So... ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present to you... Cumbria!

Such a happy, excited bunch of young people. Could we BE having any more fun?!

4 comments:

RikiWright said...

Hey the trip was very eventfull....like....breakfast...and...keswick and you ariving in the pitch black of night

RikiWright said...

but all in all great blog

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you wrote about our weekend away and i wasn't even mentioned by name. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Katie said...

That was Heather. Heather was a very important part of our weekend away. We had lots and lots of fun and spent most of the time laughing!

You happy now?!

Katie Allen's Facebook profile