Monday 1 October 2007

A Post with No Real Purpose

I just feel like I should post as I haven't for a couple of weeks and wouldn't want people to stop checking my blog as its never updated. Only two things to mention really:

1) The other Year 2 teacher and I have been having a whale of a time coming up with our school Christmas production: 'jesus@bethlehem.com'. It's based on a great children's book, all about what would have happened if Jesus had been born today. For example, there's a band (called 'Band of Angels'... hehehe) singing '21st Century Boy' and the three kings travel to see him by private jet. Yep, it's gonna be great. If anybody knows where I can get hold of a life jacket or one of those masks that drop out of the ceiling (oh dear, am having Grease flashbacks) please let me know.

2) We went on our Monopoly Day on Saturday. I'm not gonna say too much about it, as that would be stealing John's thunder (that, and I don't have any photos to make it interesting). But I do want to share a couple of things that I learnt from the day:
  • Never, ever go to Old Kent Road after dusk.
  • Don't take your children to Hamley's. Ever. Luckily I didn't have to learn from my own mistakes on this one, it was enough just observing other peoples' children.
  • The phrase 'Katie, you eat like a pig' can refer to the fact that I eat a lot, not that I gobble down my food in an un-ladylike manner. That caused much confusion and upset.

It was a really good day, and we all had lots of fun... was also really nice to finally meet Anna! Might post again about it once John has updated his blog.

That's all for now!

7 comments:

Anna said...

yes, it was one of the greatest days I ever had in this country..hope you've had as much fun as I did and hope your army shoes are more comfi than mine (I know, its all my own falt :-))It was lovely meeting you too and I hope we meet again soon. Maybe you should have mentioned that, although people make fun of the amount you are able to eat, noone ever asked you if you actually have a vacuum cleaner :-D

Mitchenstein said...

That was nice of you not to steal my thunder :) And well done for not giving any of the game away - Did they achieve it? Didn't they? Who knows? (Well, we know...)

All will be revealed...

(I WILL get round to it!)

Andy said...

You're right... not really worthy of a post... ;)

Stacey said...

Katie... i havent read your blog before... to be honest im ashamed of my previous blogging-ness. I have turned a new leaf and hope to actually write stuff on it from now on (ive set myself the realistic goal of once a month for now, which i hope to build upon as i become more confident in my blogging.)
x

Anna said...

No, I wont come because a friend from Switzerland is coming to see me...so I look foreward to that but I hope youll have loads of fun. You are so right, if ever I had to choose people to spend a booth-ono-ben day in London it would devinitely be us!

Anna said...

oooooopppppsss...its not a booth-ono-ben-day, but a booth-opo-ben-day :-)

Mitchenstein said...

Katie, I'm not sure Jesus would be too happy about you posting his email address on your blog...

Katie Allen's Facebook profile