Sunday 4 November 2007

A Poem and Some Thoughts


Here is the poem:

The ravenous rhino
Is big, strong and tough
But his skin is all baggy and flappy
Which means that there's plenty
Of room for his lunch
And that makes him terribly happy.


- Rumble in the Jungle

Now that I have your attention, here are some thoughts (which are completely unrelated to the poem):

- This week has been really busy for me. I feel like I haven't sat down and relaxed for a long, long time (if I have actually sat down and relaxed with anyone reading this, then you may keep quiet). I've somehow managed to involve myself in both the Songsters and the Timbrels at Hadleigh, which has meant that suddenly there is always somewhere that I'm supposed to be... For example, we had a festival last night which lasted nearly 3 hours without a break. Great fun was had by all!

- I've also had Parents Evening, which went really well. It was very hectic and stressful but it was worth it to hear all the nice comments. I did feel a little sorry for the parents with appointments after 9pm, as I'd been talking non-stop for 3 and a half hours by this point and was starting to come out with complete rubbish. I'd start a sentence by saying something like 'Fred needs to learn that different mathematical vocabulary can mean the same thing, for example add and takeaway'*. As I was knocking back orange juice by the wine glass, one parent even asked if I was actually drinking Buck's Fizz...

- Yesterday I had a really fun day out in London, and was very lucky to experience the Hard Rock Cafe for the first time! I'd recommend it to a friend. So if you are a friend, then you should go. But beware of the desserts... I'd just been fitted for a new uniform in the morning and paid quite a lot of money, only to find that it no longer fitted in the evening.

- This next little while is also going to be very busy, with trips to Warwick, Newcastle and Nottingham all within two weeks. So apologies if I don't manage to post very much. But I will try.
- Haven't been to the gym for ages. And eaten out a LOT. I feel like I've let myself down a little bit...
- Finally, a 7 year old child said this to me a little while ago now, but I found it really funny. Here is October's Quote of the Month:
'What is the point of putting a word in the dictionary when they don't even know what it means?'
I take the dictionary and look at the page. It states:

'doubtful - not sure'

Love it.
* The correct term would have actually been 'minus' or 'subtract'. There, don't you feel like you've learnt something new today?

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Katie, I hope you'll find some time for yourself...Im sure evryone will forgive you if you dont post everyday until christmas...as long as we all get a card :-) Take care!

Graeme said...

Rumble in the Jungle is a great book, I thoroughly recommend it (sorry, should say my daughter thinks Rumble in the Jungle is a great book, and SHE thoroughly recommends its, I, obviously, have never read it!)

P.S - She also strongly recommends the sequel - Commotion in the Ocean!

Katie Allen's Facebook profile