Thursday 15 November 2007

What I've been up to lately...

I have nothing in particular to blog about but I feel it's time I did, even if only to set an example to other, rubbisher (yes, that is a word... just accept it, I'm a teacher) bloggers. So let me fill you in on my life over the last couple of weeks:

- Last week I went on my course to Warwick. The drive was long but the food was incredible. I always feel like I don't belong in situations like these, where everything is really pretentious and there are four different types of bottled water on every table (I made the mistake of pouring out sparkling water by accident and spent the rest of the morning trying to drink it... seriously, who likes that stuff?) I find that my accent changes a little bit around these people too- I try to pronounce all my words properly, but just end up sounding ridiculous. Still, it was nice being around other phonetic spellers and chatting to people who had been through very similar experiences to me. So that was good.

- I also went to Newcastle last weekend, which was great. I hadn't seen my uni friends since the summer, and it was good to know that no matter how much time passes, when we all meet up it's just like we're back at uni. I also managed to pass on the dreaded 'YOU'RE' comeback, in the hope that it would then go out of my system. You know the one...

'This is stupid'.
'You're stupid'.

'This is boring'.
'You're boring'.

'It's really hot in here'.
'You're really hot in here'.

(That last one doesn't work quite as well...)

It's getting out of control and driving people crazy, so it's stopping as of now.

- I'm really getting into my Mr. Men and Little Miss books at the moment. Reading them to my class is my favourite part of the day... and I can pretty much always get some kind of moral out of it! But recently I discovered something that made me very sad. This was it:

http://www.mrmen.com/

The good ol' Mr. Men TV programmes, filmed in the 70's and 80's and probably one of the best things about my childhood, have been revamped in America. It's now called 'The Mr. Men Show' and is all American and rubbish. I hate it when they do that! Makes me so mad...

- I saw the film 'Stardust' last week, and fell in love with it. I know I might not have the best reputation when it comes to film taste, but this really is one to go and see. Do it!

- I finally joined the gym as a full-time, 'go twice a week or else pay a fortune' member. Just so Stacey would quit nagging me. ;-)

There's not too much else to report really, life is very busy right now (am off to Nottingham this weekend, am sooo never getting my reports done) but I'm feeling quite content with my lot at the moment. No doubt that will change with my next complaining post, so I thought at least if I write it down, I'll read over it when I'm grumpy to remind myself that I'm really not all that hard done by.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Katie
I hope you found ur way home safely, thanks for taking me with you...take care

Katie said...

You're very welcome :-)

I managed to get home safely, thank you!

Via Shoebury. (Don't ask...)

Katie Allen's Facebook profile