Wednesday 28 November 2007

The Most Terrifying Children's Movie Scene Ever...

I present to you... a short scene from Disney's 'Return to Oz'.

Even now, watching it back sends shivers up my spine.

(For the fortunate few who have not seen this clip, Dorothy needs to steal the Powder of Life from the evil witch, Mombi, who has turned her friends into inanimate objects. Mombi chops off the heads of beautiful women and keeps them in glass cabinets in a long corridor, so she can wear a different head each day. The Powder of Life is kept in one of the cabinets with one of the sleeping heads, and, well... I'll let the clip do the rest. Scary stuff...)

3 comments:

Glyn Harries said...

This is just a creepy film period. The wheelies, the rock trolls, the way they all melt at the end when he eats the egg (not to mention the giant talking pumpkin). I used to love it as a kid.

Mitchenstein said...

I can't even watch this clip, knowing what's coming... That used to terrify me!

Although TickTock looks like my grandpa, so that's cool...

Anonymous said...

Scary way to scary to actually watch you know I hated this film as a kid - it's like someone watched wizard of oz said lets make a sequal and then had a mental breakdown and just made the film they saw in there heads

Katie Allen's Facebook profile