Thursday 26 June 2008

To avoid writing reports today, I have:

- Watched 'Smalltalk Diaries', a series of 15 minute 'documentaries' through the eyes of minibeasts from all parts of the UK, and an insight into what they would say if they could talk. Brilliant. My favourite is the Geordie cockroach. (We are studying Minibeasts as our Science topic at the moment though, so that makes it kind of ok...)

- Made my own Shelfari bookshelf- see side column. I'm quite a big reader and there are a few good ones in there, especially The Book Thief. If anyone else can recommend a good summer read or two, let me know! After putting all these books on my virtual shelf, I then decided it was necessary to locate exactly where each book was in the house and re-read a chapter of each.

- Written two blog posts in two days. When was the last time that happened?

- Re-read every single birthday card I've received over the last three years. It brought back lots of memories and some of them really made me chuckle! I can't believe how we all thought turning 21 was old. Reading old cards has also spurred me to get back into contact with a few friends I haven't spoken to for ages (partly because I'd like to receive a card from them next year...)

- Researched 'Knock knock' jokes on the web. My personal favourite is still:

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Little Old Lady.
Little Old Lady who?
I didn't know you could yodel!

HAHAHA.

- Finally got around to writing down favourite children's quotes/excuses from the last year or so in a little book. This was just after I'd asked a child why he was holding someone else's toy, to be greeted with the reply, 'I didn't steal it, I just found it in my hand...'

- Looked up the theme tune for Greenclaws on YouTube. I figured this might not trigger any memories, so here's a brief description of the programme: Greenclaws was a big green monster who lived in a greenhouse. Every week, Iris would visit Greenclaws. They would put a seed in a plant pot, put the plant pot inside a tree, wait for Owlma (a mechanical owl) to alert them that the plant was ready, answer three riddles/questions from Owlma (which were always along the lines of "Twit twoo, twoo, twit twit twoo?" and then translated into English by Greenclaws for him and Iris to solve), then open the tree to find the plant had grown in to something bearing unusual fruit. Amazing stuff. Now do you remember...?


Right, back to reports. I can hear you all getting your violins out...

No comments:

Katie Allen's Facebook profile