Friday 7 March 2008

And the award for Most Bizarre Product Found In A School Equipment Catalogue goes to...



Body Sox. Apparently, these huge lycra sacks 'promote spacial awareness and interaction in children. Once inside, users find themselves in a private domain that lures them into kinesthetic exploration...'

I'm not convinced.

Whilst looking through this catalogue in the staffroom today, I was bamboozled. Yes, you heard correctly. The drama teacher came up to me and said:

'You haven't been bamboozled into being Stage Manager for the school production, have you?'

I reassured her that no, I hadn't. She then smiled and said:

'Oh, so you're ok with doing it then? Great, it will be fine, I know you'll do an excellent job!'

I tried to interrupt with 'I never said...' but she carried on regardless.

'I'll make sure you have some helpers. Thanks, Katie!'

And off she went. As I sat there in shock, trying to comprehend what had just happened, the woman next to me laughed and said 'So, she asked you if Paul had bamboozled you into Stage Management, and then went ahead and bamboozled you herself... I admire her'.

So now I'm Stage Manager. The one job more stressful than Props Co-ordinator (my role last year, after which I swore I would never get myself involved in another production again).

Great.

7 comments:

Graeme said...

I'm sorry, but they are just plain freaky!! Although I suppose you could put all the kids in one each and then leave the room and they's never know!!

Oh, and stage manager is probably a better job, as if it all goes wrong you can blame someone else....like the props co-ordinator!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that the only that the only thing that "body sock" will teach kids is what it might be like to be a catterpillar? Or someone who lives in a sock? And I'm not even sure it'll do that - there just weird

Andy said...

Cool. Body bags for the living...

And seeing as you're on here, Rich, when's your next blog appearing?

Andy said...

And the award for not actually checking a blog first before asking someone to blog goes to...

Me, of course.

Sorry Rich.

Anonymous said...

I should have a much better post going up later Andy - thanks for the interest in my sad little blog

Andy said...

Might have a blog post again msyelf, soon...

Mitchenstein said...

Andy, what's this with taking it upon yourself to give out blog awards?!

That's a little bit presumptuous, isn't it?

Katie Allen's Facebook profile