Saturday 1 March 2008

One year ago today...

... I wrote my very first blog entry (thanks for that reminder, Andy!). I've just been looking back at some of my posts and it turns out I've managed to pack quite a few things in- visits to a number of exciting countries, various road trips, lots of shows, encountered a death defying hamster and even acquired a disorder! And for someone who never finishes anything they start (I officially gave up giving up chocolate on Thursday thanks to a massive bar of Cadburys tempting me at the Matt and Chell's house- not my fault) I don't think I've done too badly with the whole blog thing.

Anyway, to celebrate my blog birthday, I drove to Hertfordshire to visit two of my closest friends from uni, Nuala and Lena. Here they are... (Lena is the one on the left and Nuala is on the right- the one in the middle is Lauren, who is living in Madrid now):



I'd forgotten how effortless it is spending time with these girls, how it felt like no time had passed since we last met, and how they still know me better than I know myself! (For example, few people know that I can't stand tomato ketchup and can only ever manage to drink half a cup of tea- stuff that you only really learn from living with someone.) We spent the afternoon doing stuff we all love and miss doing... eating at Wagamamas, chatting about the old days and watching The Nanny Diaries in our jogging bottoms. It really was like stepping into an old, comfortable pair of slippers. It made me feel a little nostalgic and Durham-sick (as you can probably tell).

By the way, don't go and see The Accidental Husband. I just could not have cared less about what happened to any of the characters. EVEN Colin Firth...

1 comment:

Mitchenstein said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm beginning to think I went a little over the top with my blog birthday celebrations...

And Durham looked like a really cool place from the train! I'll have to give it a proper visit one time :)

Katie Allen's Facebook profile